Sunday, October 04, 2009

RAW!

I got back from Lora Leigh's Reader Appreciation Weekend (RAW) last Monday, but I've been crashing on getting a ms. done, plus I caught a cold (darn it), so I'm just now getting around to talking about....

How much fun it was!!!!

RAW is a smaller reader conference (about 250 people), but it focusses entirely on the reader. There are no writer's workshops, no panel discussions, nothin' like that. Readers party with their friends and buy books.

For me the writer, it was a great chance to catch up with my writer friends, meet readers, dance, and oh, yeah, buy books. (Not good enough for me that there was a ton of romances to buy at RAW, I had to walk across the street to another bookstore and stock up on mysteries and scifi fantasy as well. I am ill.)

I believe the next RAW will be in the same place (Huntington, WV), around the same time (September), but keep an eye out for details.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home