Thursday, February 05, 2009

Dragon questions

I've had a lot of questions regarding the Dragon series (Dragon Heat; Black Dragon; Dragon Master); e.g., is it the end?

I'd always intended the series to be a trilogy--and in fact Berkley bought the third book well after the first two (waiting to see how the first book did, possibly...which is why the year between Black Dragon and Dragon Master.)

I'd originally sold Berkley four books, two Dragons and two Heats--Mortal Temps and Mortal Seductions, which are both releasing this year.

(BTW, In case anyone finds this stuff interesting, I wrote Mortal Temptations before I wrote Dragon Master, but they were published in reverse order. )

What I'm working on now for Berkley is a brand new series that will debut in 2010. It's more urban fantasy, but with romance. You'll get a glimpse of it in the Christmas anthology, Hot for the Holidays, coming out in October.

For the dragons: I never say never. I might get the opportunity to do another one, and I wouldn't say no! For now, there aren't any scheduled.

Everything I post on my website is what's contracted and in progress, so if it's not there with at least a TBA date, then I don't have a contract for it. As soon as I make a sale, I post the book title and possible date.

(Which reminds me, I just made a Jennifer Ashley sale to Dorchester, and need to post that too!!)

As always, never hesitate to ask me questions about my books and series. I can't always answer email right away, but I get there! (Or if I get many of the same question, I answer it via blog.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I purchased the Dragon trilogy for my Mother for her birthday just a few days ago and she's already devoured (not literally!) the first two! If I have to tell her the third is the last she's going to be REALLY upset! I believe in the power of three but couldn't we make it two sets of three? At least!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

:-) If she (or anyone else reading this) liked the Dragons, she might also like my Jennifer Ashley paranormals, particularly Immortals: The Redeeming (already out) and Immortals: The Reckoning (out this March).

Also you'll enjoy the new paranormal series I'm starting as Jennifer Ashley. I'm working on it now and it will be out...um...January 2010. But fun stuff with Shifters!

See http://www.jennifersromances.com for more information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home